Only certain full account holders are authorized to sponsor accounts. Sponsorship guidelines are determined by DA PAM 25-1-1 and AR 25-2.
Specifically, DA PAM 25-1-1, para 3-4 states that all account sponsors must:
- Ensure sponsored individuals have legimitate need for an account.
- Monitor usage and behavior of those individuals they sponsor.
- Revalidate sponsored accounts on an annual basis to ensure a continued legitimate need for an account.
- Immediately terminate any sponsored account when the legitimate need no longer exists, such as when an Army contractor support service contract expires.
- Ensure all accounts for non-U.S. citizens are approved through proper channels per AR 25-2, para 4-15.