Why can’t I compose, reply, or forward email within the AKO/DKO webmail?
Compose, Reply, Forward Window Does Not Appear
The compose, reply, and forward windows are normal pop-up windows. Because it is a pop-up window it can be blocked by most pop-up blockers. You must disable, bypass, or uninstall your pop-up blocker for the window to appear. A common way to bypass the pop-up blocker is to hold the “CTRL” button on the keyboard and you click on the compose, reply, or forward button.
If that does not work enter the options menu with your pop-up blocker and add the AKO/DKO webmail site (https://webmail.us.army.mil/) as a site that does not get blocked or choose an option to allow the most recent pop-up attempts if available.
Many programs do not immediately reveal themselves as a pop-up blocker. The most common programs or software that also act as a pop-up blocker are:
- Firewall software
- Toolbars that are attached to your browser. (i.e. Google, MSN, Yahoo)
Compose, Reply, Forward Window is Blank.
If you receive this issue, please contact the help desk with the following information:
- Your IP Address.
- Date/Time/Time zone when the problem occurred.
- Where are you located? (i.e. US, Iraq, etc…)
- What type of connection do you have? (i.e. dial-up, cable modem, DSL, Satellite link, etc…)
- OS (Operating System) and version (i.e. Windows XP SP2, Mac OS X, etc…)
- A detailed description of the problem, including any steps that you use to reproduce the problem.
- Browser and version (i.e. IE 6, IE 7, Firefox, etc…)
- The server that you are hitting. This can be found in the browser title bar and should say map01 through map08.
Take a screenshot of the problem and mail it the help desk with the ticket that is generated. You can use a client such as Outlook or an external email account since you are having problems composing a new email.