I tried to get into my email, and the screen appears to be stuck with the following message displayed:
“Please wait while the applet loads. This may take a while depending on your system speed…”
What can I do?
AKO email is Java based, so try clearing your Java cache:
- Go to the Windows Start Menu
- Click Control Panel > Java (you may need to switch to ‘Classic View’ in the upper left corner)
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click the ‘Settings’ button
- Click the Delete Files button
- When the caution screen “Delete the following temporary files?” pops up, make sure ‘Applications and Applets’ and ‘Trace and Log Files’ are both selected and click ‘OK.’
Another possible cause may be you do not have the ability to download ActiveX controls. If this is your first time running S/MIME on your current system it is required to download an ActiveX control.
To enable ActiveX in Internet Explorer 6.0 or later:
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click on the Custom Level button. (Make sure that Internet is highlighted as the security zone.)
- Scroll down to the ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
- Enable the following options
- Run ActiveX controls and plugins
- Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options menu.
- Close Internet Explorer window and open a new one.
If you still cannot access your email, you may have to temporarily turn off S/MIME (signature/encryption) on your email account:
- Click on the My Account drop down menu on your AKO home page
- Click on Mail Preferences > Mail Options
- Uncheck the box next to Enable S/MIME, and click on Submit.
If you need to sign or encrypt your emails, AKO Help Desk for how to contact the Helpdesk for further assistance.