|There are several reasons why your email may not be loading completely.Webmail Freezing Above 70% If you do not have a preferred web browser set in your Mail Options you may freeze during the loading process.|
In order to resolve this issue you must first log into your AKO/DKO Account. Then click on My Account > Mail Preferences > Mail Options. Finally, choose a preferred webmail from the list of available options.
If you are using Webmail 2.0 and using the Internet Explorer 9 browser, the loading process will often lock up at 70%.
For more information on how to resolve this issue, Internet Explorer 9 and AKO Webmail
Webmail Freezing Below 70%
If webmail locks below 70% and you are unable to start debugging mode, configuring Active X controls may resolve the failure.
While in Internet Explorer 9:
1. Click Tools (gear icon in the upper right hand corner)
2. Select Internet Options
3. Click on the Security Tab
4. Select Trusted Sites (green check mark)
5. Click the Sites button
6. Scroll through the list and remove anything that ends in ‘.us.army.mil’
7. Uncheck the box ‘Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone’
8. In the ‘Add this website to the zone’ box, type ‘*.army.mil’ and click Add
9. Click Close
10. Click OK
13. Close Internet Explorer
Close and re-launch Internet Explorer and attempt to login to AKO webmail.
Another cause of Webmail 2 stalling when loading the SMIME client is an out-of-date JAVA plugin.
Verify JAVA Plugin Version:
1) Click Control panel -> JAVA -> JAVA Tab -> Click VIEW
2) Multiple plugins may be listed. If they have a Product Number older than 1.7, users must update to 1.7.
Update JAVA plugin:
To update the JAVA plugin to the most recent version, download and install the newest version of JAVA from:
If you do not have administrator rights on your computer, contact your system administrator to perform the install.
Ensure proper JAVA settings:
1) Click Control panel -> JAVA -> JAVA Tab -> Click Advanced Tab Settings
2) Under Default JAVA for browsers, make sure IE is checked. Under JAVA Plug-in, check ‘next-gen plugin’.
If Webmail is freezing at 88%, S/MIME is most likely enabled.
If you’re still having an issue, you can try to turn off S/MIME [My Account > Mail Preferences > Mail Options. Remove the check mark next to “Enable S/MIME”]
Close Internet Explorer
Log back into AKO/DKO
Attempt to connect to webmail
If successful, try clearing your Java Cache. If you are using your personal computer and this does not work, you may be able to resolve the problem by upgrading to the latest version of Java by visiting http://www.java.com