Accessing AKO/DKO IM is easy and there are four ways to do it.
- The easiest way is just log in to your AKO account. A facebook-style IM window will appear in the lower right hand side of the screen.
- You can also get a similar style of IM list by logging in to webmail; a bar along the lower right will give you access to AKO/DKO IM.
- You can launch an external window by clicking on ‘IM’ in the upper right of the AKO page you’re on.
- You can use the external Jabber client which comes installed by default on many Army systems.
- Note to access the external client you must input your username and password.
If you have any questions regarding AKO/DKO IM or need to install the external client please visit our AKO/DKO IM page at https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/179